Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Zendala

Well, I'm back.  It has been a little while since I posted anything.  Summer, the kids out of school and vacation in the Adirondacks has kept me from the computer.  That does not mean that I haven't been busy though.

I am in a mad dash to get work ready for a neighborhood craft fair, The Arden Fair, that happens on September 1st.  I love this fair so much.  It is up the street from my house and is really wonderful.  For the very first time, I will be an exhibitor rather than just a visitor.  So, my pen has been busy, busy.

But, you are here to see this week's Zendala challenge.  This challenge was a lot of fun I have to say.  At first I was a bit stymied as to how I was going to get started but once I decided to use Brayd, I had my "theme" and I went from there.  This is the first time I have used Brayd in a circle and I have to say, I'm quite happy with how it turned out.
Brayd, Featherfall, Raindotty, Fescu, Beeline, Arc Flower
I did the center with Arc Flower next and then the Featherfall.  I didn't stay in the lines with these two so I wanted to get their uneven edges done first.  This is my first real go at Featherfall.  It came out pretty good but no where near as good as some of you do it.  I have to keep trying it and get better at it.  That being said, I do like it here.  Keeping with "natural" tangles, I chose Beeline, Raindotty and Fescu to finish it out.

I am really thrilled with how this one came out.  The shading really added a lot of depth to it and well, I just couldn't be happier.  I am going to see if I can get art prints made up for the fair.

Now, a late entry into Challenge 11.  I had this one drawn in time but held of shading it.  I was trying to work out some ideas that I had but then I changed my mind and went back and shaded it this week.
This one was all line work.  I just couldn't think of a way to get tangles into this one.  There is good space, I used the large size template, but I was just out of ideas.  I think it was because I had vacation on my mind.

I do like it.  I am calling it "Trippy Zendala" as it looks more like a visual test than the usual zendala.

I wish I could think of more ways to add some shading here.  I think more could be done to play with the perspective but I'm stuck.  I don't want to go overboard so I stopped while I was ahead.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.  It has been very hot here and I'm sure where you are as well.  I do hope that you are all staying cool, or warm for those of you in the Southern Hemisphere, and are having a great day.

4 comments:

  1. such beautiful work - i'm glad you're back online :) your craft fair sounds fun! they are going to love your work there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they are both so completely different from each other. The first is very organic and I really love it, the second is more graphic, which is just as appealing in a different way. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shading on the Trippy one is perfect as it is, especially the little highlighting on the striped rings, which really shows them to be fat tubes. It always amazes me what a difference a little shading will do. Thank you for sharing both (really like the "natural" one, too; I had not thought to use Brayd in that way either and I love the sort of flowery feel the whole thing has).

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both lovely. Great linework on the second one, and I think your featherfall is lovely. Also the arc flower.

    ReplyDelete