Last night I sat down to really explore the kit and try out what it is like to draw on an "official" tile. I have been using watercolor paper that I cut into 3.5" squares. I looked through the booklet that came with it first. There I found some direction on how to make a few tangles that I have not yet tried out. The most helpful thing for me though was the section on making strings. I have always been a little careful in making my strings. Thinking that they should be simple, I was afraid to make the string too busy. The examples in the booklet however, showed me that I could be freer with my string.
|My little set up.|
So, here is my final result. I like it. There are a few bits that aren't great but there are a few that really work. As usual, there will be some things that I take away from this tangle and use in a new piece later on. I got to use some tangles that I haven't used before, and some that I have used a lot. The "busy" string gave me more movement through the space. Movement that hasn't usually been in my tiles before. Not a lot, but some. Take the pokeroot for example, that flows up through the space to me. I haven't really thought about movement in my tiles before but you can bet that I will in my next one.