Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Duo Tangle Challenge

I love the challenge of a limited tangle choice.  Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with the many tangles there are and/or with the idea of finding the "right" tangle pattern, that I end up sitting and thinking instead of just drawing. In a duo tangle challenge, the choice of pattern is decided and I can turn my mind on to variations, string and shading.  This week, the challenge from The Diva is to use only Hybrid and Strircles, two official Zentangle patterns.  I recently rediscovered Hybrid and have been using it again after a break.  Strircles is a tangle that I have used before but not a lot.  Using these two for the challenge has refreshed them for me and I am sure I will have them back in my work again.



At first, I wanted to see if I could find a way to combine the two patterns into one but I gave up on that idea. After looking at some of the tiles in this challenge I'm glad I did.  There are a lot of you out there that were much more successful at combining them than I would have been.  I did try to bring a little of Strircles to Hybrid in the lower right side.  I don't know that Hybrid echos Strircles here, but I do like the black on white coupled with the white on black.  This is the first time that I put highlights on the "bubbles" in Strircles.  It's funny, I have never seen the circles as bubbles before.  More of just a way to vary the black and white in the pattern.  This is why I love the weekly challenge, it forces me to look at patterns in a whole new way.

I really like this tile.  It has been a while since I finished a challenge piece and thought to myself "Hey! That's some good work you did there!"  Thanks to Laura for this, and all of the challenges.  Thanks to you visitors from dropping by and being an inspiration to me.

20 comments:

  1. You have really given us a treat to look at! In your bubbles there is shine and dimensions of wonderful perspective. I give you an A+!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Coming from you, that is high praise indeed!

      Delete
  2. This is amazing!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really in love with your tile! It's fantastic and clever:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the bubbles! Lovely tile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have combined these two patterns beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is tremendous! Love the alternating Hibred and the Strircles that look raised. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really great. i love the highlight on the stircles! It makes them look so dimensional and like chocolate and white candies! I also like the band around the outer edge, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Realy like this one! And as always I am amazed of all teh different tiles we make from one challange!

    Annemarie Huijts,
    Holland

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your droplets of water! Very clever and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! Especially the depth you got!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a Fantastic job!
    The shine on srircles is faboules.
    And also the shading....Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the "bubbles". They were the first thing I noticed on your tile. Very imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the larege circle with more circles in it in a magnified way... That is excellent! I like this tile a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the dimension and the bubbles in this tile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. marvelous! I really like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing! I love the way you have made the strircles into bubbles and given them such dimension! Your shading is really good...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful love the water droplet effect...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this. Very beautiful, especially the top left corner.

    ReplyDelete