First things first, I played a little with Shway. I had not tried it out yet. Once I did a little, and figured out how to get it like I wanted it to be, I pulled out some paper and got to work. I did a little tic-tac-toe board for a string. I wanted Schway to take center stage on this one, but I didn't want it to be a monotangle either. I put Shway in five of the spaces so that I would have several chances to vary/experiment with the patterns. When looking at Shway unvaried and unshaded, I was afraid that the pattern would be quite flat so for the other four spots, I tried to choose tangles that would have dimension. I wanted the other spaces to pop up a little against the flat.
In the end, I'm not sure my other tangles pop up as much as I thought they might, and not all of Shway is as flat as I feared it would. There is so much possibility for variation here and I really enjoyed experimenting. I also like the graphic quality of Shway. It has a pop art feel to me. I am happy with my tile this week. Not only is it finished in time, but was done in record time for me.
I am also posting last week's Blind String Challenge. I finished it late Saturday and was too tired to get it shaded, scanned and blogged in time to make the deadline.This was my first go at Phicops and while I certainly have more experimenting with it to feel that I have "mastered" it, I am really glad that I gave it a go and tried it. I also experimented with Laura's tangle Versa. I was going for another look that I have done with Versa but, I got distracted and goofed it up. That being said, I do like the end result. The other grid pattern is one that I did combining Z-Trick and Flwr Box. I still need to try those two on their own, but I am pleased with how my combination came out as well. I was just playing around with ideas when I started this one, so I wasn't sure what the end result would look like.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. Have a great week!