Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

New Pattern: Leafly

I "created" this pattern while working on my Housewarming piece for a friend.  I was in search of patterns that would mimic nature to use in this piece.  If I was drawing bugs and animals, I wanted them to sit in a pattern that makes sense.  I'm kind of surprised that there isn't a pattern like this already.  Maybe there is, but I didn't see one in my searching.  If you have one like this, please let me know and I'll take it down. 



The basic shape is really easy.  It's a leaf with an outline around it.  Then just fill the remaining space with more leaves until you have as many as you want.  I shade the middle line as well but it is a bit hard to see in this scan. I have put a few variations on this example.  Leafly can be as busy as you like, or as dark as you need.

I hope you enjoy this one.  It's so easy.  

2 comments:

  1. I like your leafly. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found you today from your new pattern posted on Tangle Patterns... been perusing your blog. I love the things you draw. :)

    ReplyDelete